Created on: 17.02.2020
This privacy notice applies to all personal information processing activities carried within the Dental Practice. Simon Gallier is the data controller in respect of personal information that we process in connection with our business. Our Data Protection Officer is Gemma Andrew and can be contacted by e-mail at email@example.com
What information do we collect?
We may collect the following kinds of information about you:
- Personal details such as your name, date of birth, gender, national insurance number, NHS number, address, telephone number, email address, occupation
- Information about your dental and general health, including clinical records made by dentists and other dental professionals involved with your care and treatment
- X-rays, clinical photographs, digital scans of your mouth and teeth, and study models
- Medical and dental histories
- Treatment plans and consent
- Notes of conversations with you about your care
- Correspondence from other health professionals or institutions involved in your care
- Details of the fees we have charged, payments exemptions (NHS), the amounts you have paid and some payment details
- Feedback and complaints
- CCTV images
- Online profile and social media information and activity, based on your interaction with us and
- Our websites, including for example Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
How we obtain information
- You may give us information about you through the following:
- Filling in forms at our practices or on our websites
- Corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise
- Through the technology you use to access our services
Information we receive from third parties - This includes information you provide when you visit our websites, for the purpose of booking an appointment with a dentist at FHP Dental clinics, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site and when you report a problem with our site.
How we use your information – the purpose
We may use this information to:
- To provide you with the dental care and treatment that you need, we require up-to-date and accurate information about you
- We may contact you to conduct patient surveys or to find out if you are happy with the treatment you received for quality control purposes
- We will seek your preference for how we contact you about your dental care. Our usual methods are SMS, telephone, email or letter
- We may use your information for our own analysis to understand the effectiveness of our marketing activities.
How we will keep your information safe
We employ administrative, electronic and physical security measures to ensure that the information that we collect about you is protected from access by unauthorised persons and protected against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage.
- Password protection
- Locked cabinets/rooms
- Practice security systems (including CCTV)
- Virus protection
- Secure servers
- Back-up facilities
- Secure cloud-based storage
If you would like more information, please contact the Data Protection Officer
Exercising your right to withdraw consent
In certain limited circumstances, you have the right to withdraw your consent to the collection and use of your data.
This is not the same, however, as giving or withdrawing your consent to dental treatment. If you want to do this, please use our contact us through one of the methods:
- Call your practice
- Speak with a member of the dental and orthodontic team in person at the practice, or;
- E-mail your practice
You can change your mind about your choice at any time.
Data being used or shared for purposes beyond individual care does not include your data being shared with insurance companies or used for marketing purposes and data would only be used in this way with your specific agreement.